Stay Alert to Frequently Seen eCash Staking ScamsStay Alert to Frequently Seen eCash Staking ScamsStay Alert to Frequently Seen eCash Staking Scams
🔒 Beware of regular Scams and Phishing Attacks!
Since the November 15 staking upgrade on eCash Mainnet, there has been a surge in scam activities and phishing attacks targeting unsuspecting users. These malicious actors are trying to exploit the recent developments in eCash and the integration of staking rewards by misleading users and directing them to phishing wallets in order to steal their funds.
🚫 Stay vigilant and protect yourself from scams!
Here are some important tips to keep in mind:
- Be cautious of unsolicited messages: Be wary of any unsolicited emails, direct Telegram messages, or social media posts asking you to connect to a website or share your seed phrase or other information. Some scammers add you automatically to fake announcement channels that link to scams. Just leave and report such groups.
- Verify website authenticity: Always double-check the website's URL and ensure that you are visiting the official website: https://e.cash. Avoid clicking on suspicious links or visiting unfamiliar websites.
- Double-check channels and announcements: Always verify on our eCash Community Index if the channel, group, or airdrop/staking announcement you are in is legitimate.
- Ask in the official Telegram: The official Telegram (@eCash) is the best way to get quick and verifiable information. If in doubt, ask the group admins in the public chat to be sure. Please do not respond to direct messages, admins never message you privately.
Remember, when funds are in your custody only, you have to ensure the security of your funds. Be proactive in protecting your information, report any suspicious activities to the eCash team, and do not connect your wallet or send funds to any site that claims benefits if you do.
List of known scam links and channels
- Fake eCash web wallets that look like Cashtab or eCash website’s official dashboard, but steal your funds:
xecwallet.org ecashtab.org ❌
⚠️ Warning: Never send funds or import your keys to these phishing scams! Any information that you enter will be recorded, sent to the scammers, and be used against you to gain access to your accounts and steal your cryptocurrency.
- Fake eCash staking channel:
Various fake announcements and fake channels will pop up on YouTube, especially during upgrades and integration of new features. Please always be sure you are on either one of these official websites:
- e.cash ✅
- Cashtab.com ✅
- ecash.community ✅
- t.me/eCash ✅
ℹ️ Official eCash (XEC) Staking Guides/Tutorials can be found here: e.cash/staking ✅
Stay Safe! 🛡️